I’ve greatly expanded my gardening space this year, and today, for the first time ever, I picked a scallion (green onion). Most of my lettuces are bolting (turning to seed from the heat…. the leaves get smaller and more bitter). I’m still eating them though. My recipe:
- Can of tuna, drained (I use tuna in water)
- Mayonnaise (I use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo)*
- Scallions, sliced
Mix together tuna with appropriate amount of mayo and sliced scallions to taste.
- Loose lead lettuce (keep it simple and grab a bag of salad)
- Handful of pecans
- Handful of berries (I like blueberries or blackberries, but raspberries and sliced strawberries work as well).
* I had been getting Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo from Costco, but it is no longer available at my Costco. I had to order it through Amazon, but it was very expensive. Looking for other places where I can find it cheaper.