I found this recipe very helpful when I first started Paleo and felt like I was craving sugar/fullness. It was a recipe for the non-Paleo world, but I adjusted it to make it Paleo.
- 2 1/4 cups diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
Saute in a large soup pot for 5 minutes.
- 6 cups Paleo-friendly vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
Add to sauteed ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaves. With hand held blender or regular blender, puree the soup.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian Parsley (optional, garnish or stirred in)
Stir into soup and serve.