I should have taken a picture of this recipe, but the leftovers don’t look as pretty as when you first spoon it out of the pot. I’m sure I’ll make this again soon, so I’ll try to get a photo then.
Comfort Chicken Ingredients:
- Two 20 ounce packages of chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used Pacific brand, organic free range)
- 1 pound organic pre-cut carrots (of course you can cut your own, but I’m lazy)
- 4 stalks of celery, cut in large chunks
- 1 very large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in large chunks
- rubbed thyme (dried)
- rubbed sage (dried)
- rosemary (dried)
- pink himalayan sea salt (or any salt, this was just an experiment)
- 3 cloves are garlic, finely cut
In your crock put, sprinkle just enough broth to coat the bottom of the pot. Place one package of chicken thighs across the bottom and sprinkle with a light-medium coating of thyme, sage, rosemary (heavier on the rosemary) and salt (just a tiny bit). Sprinkle a little more broth on top, then add the second package of chicken on top. Again, sprinkle with herbs and salt. Add all of your veggies on top, sprinkle again with herbs and salt. Add the rest of your broth and garlic. Cook on high in crock pot for 3-4 hours. I was going for comfort food here, and this totally hit the spot!