- 3 slices thick bacon, cut into 4-5 pieces each (scissors work well for this)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into skinny rounds
- 1 yellow summer squash, seeded and cut into bite sized chunks*
- 1 apple, cut into 12-16 slices
- 2-3 large kale leaves, removed from main stem and ripped into chunks
- eggs (optional)
* Fresh sliced mushrooms are a nice substitute if you don’t have squash (half a container).
Place bacon in bottom of skillet on medium to medium/low heat. Layer peeled and sliced sweet potatoes on top of bacon. Cover with lid (glass lid helps to see how things are doing). Cook until sweet potatoes are soft. You may need to stir it if bacon starts getting overcooked before sweet potatoes are soft. Try not to stir as long as possible.
When sweet potatoes are fairly soft (not mushy), add squash and apple. Cover again and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and recovering skillet.
Add ripped kale. Stir and cover for about 1 1/2 minutes. Pile ingredients to one side of pan. Add eggs to empty side. Cook as desired (scrambled or over easy/medium are both yummy options).
Bacon and apples are super yummy!